Today’s Billings Gazette article reveals that Two Rivers Authority board members are beginning to question the wisdom of sealing the deal with Michael Hilton (aka ‘any one of the numerous aliases’).
On Monday, when Two Rivers Authority, the city’s economic development arm that built the jail, met to discuss possible changes in its proposed contract with APF, board president Gary Arneson said APF needs to replace Hilton as a representative to Hardin.
No kidding! But ‘Hilton’ is not just the ‘representative’; he’s the man who incorporated APPF. He IS APPF. You can’t have one without the other.
“I agree,” said Mayor Ron Adams, standing in the audience. “He has no credibility in this community at all.”
Gee, ya’ think?
After a short discussion of the contract, the board was about to move on to another subject when board member Robert Crane asked to speak.
“It just seems like it’s one thing after another, and there’s too many red flags coming up,” Crane said.
Good for Robert Crane (not the same Bob Crane who played Colonel Hogan on Hogan’s Heroes of course, although this entire story is playing out like one of Hogan’s schemes to counter Klink and the Germans). Hardin’s Robert Crane is using his head, and he’s been doing a little digging.
You see, ‘Captain’ Michael Hilton had assured TRA board members that their empty detention center would be in experienced hands, although the Detention Chief’s identity could not be revealed–yet. Hilton said ‘people would be shocked’ when they learned the identity of the ‘high caliber’ gentleman who would be running the facility. As it turns out, that ‘high caliber’ gentleman was also shocked.
Dear Ms. Gilbert,
Reference is made to your below email concerning American Private Police Force and its dealings in Hardin, Montana.
I have no additional information I can add to what I have already provided Mr. Bob Crane last week or the three reporters who called me yesterday:
- Neither I nor International Security Associates, Inc. is in any way affiliated with Michael Hilton or American Police Force.
- I have no prior knowledge of Michael Hilton or American Police Force, nor have I ever met a Michael Hilton.
- I have never met with Michael Hilton to discuss any positions with American Police Force.
- Approximately one month ago I sent my resume to American Police Force in search of a contract instructor position for an international training project as advertised on their web site.
- An unknown person called me and identified himself as Michael Hilton from American Police Force and immediately began making request that I travel to either California or Montana to discuss an opportunity with his company.
- Mr. Hilton never provided me specific information concerning the job that he was considering me for.
- Mr. Hilton never offered me a position with American Police Force.
- I have never worked in any capacity for Michael Hilton, American Police Force or any of its affiliates, nor do I intend to.
I hope this helps you. I have nothing else to add.