By SHARON K. GILBERT
April 3, 2009
We believe that the only sure foundation for sustainable globalisation and rising prosperity for all is an open world economy based on market principles, effective regulation, and strong global institutions.
THE WORLD’s major economies met this week, and they have constructed a final report, a communique, which outlines the next steps in realizing an emerging New World Order.
Let’s examine these steps, shall we?
Item 3 begins with, “We start from the belief that prosperity is indivisible; that growth, to be sustained, has to be shared…” The first thing that struck me about this sentence is the choice of the word ‘indivisble’. Most Americans will instantly connect this phrase to one included in our own Pledge of Allegiance: “…one nation, indivisible…” Now, we are told that the entire world is ‘indivisible’ — that we have already become a world ‘nation’. Note, also the second half of this sentence, which directly relates to interdependence and world citizenship.
Item 3 concludes with this line: “We believe that the only sure foundation for sustainable globalisation and rising prosperity for all is an open world economy based on market principles, effective regulation, and strong global institutions.” Implied within this lies a promise that globalisation (to use the British spelling) yields prosperity. Read this section carefully and with discernment: ‘effective regulation and strong global institutions’ is a major hint at our immediate future. Global rules lead to a global ruler.
Item 4 contains a laundry list of ‘promises’.
We have today therefore pledged to do whatever is necessary to:
restore confidence, growth, and jobs;
• repair the financial system to restore lending;
• strengthen financial regulation to rebuild trust;
• fund and reform our international financial institutions to overcome this crisis and prevent future ones;
• promote global trade and investment and reject protectionism, to underpin prosperity; and
• build an inclusive, green, and sustainable recovery.
By acting together to fulfil these pledges we will bring the world economy out of recession and prevent a crisis like this from recurring in the future.
How do the G20 elite propose to ‘fulfill these pledges’? By controlling the economies, trade, and going ‘green’–which can only prove a success if all the world plays along. Item 5 provides a strong clue to the ‘how’:
5. The agreements we have reached today, to treble resources available to the IMF to $750 billion, to support a new SDR allocation of $250 billion, to support at least $100 billion of additional lending by the MDBs, to ensure $250 billion of support for trade finance, and to use the additional resources from agreed IMF gold sales for concessional finance for the poorest countries, constitute an additional $1.1 trillion programme of support to restore credit, growth and jobs in the world economy. Together with the measures we have each taken nationally, this constitutes a global plan for recovery on an unprecedented scale. [Emphasis SKG]
Take particular note of the phrase above, ‘to support a new SDR allocation of $250 billion’. Though the communique doesn’t spell it out, SDR means ‘Special Drawing Rights’, and it harkens back to a coffee clatch between FDR and Churchill in 1944 called Bretton Woods. This post-war meeting initiated a world economy based on these ‘special drawing rights’ pinned to the dollar (backed at the time with gold). Since then, SDRs have fallen out of favor (no gold guarantees) and the world economy has deviated from foreign exchange markets constrained to a fixed deviation from the dollar. It’s now a free for all.
Russia and China have called for SDR revival, but not based on the dollar. Though the communique does not actually create a new linchpin for the SDR, it opens that door by granting the IMF (International Monetary Fund, set up at Bretton Woods) the rights to essentially create money out of thin air based on an unnamed base currency. One could assume that the base will remain the dollar, but it’s unlikely.
Take a little time this weekend to download the pdf version of the Communique and read through it for yourself. I plan to linger over its language during the coming days and weeks to discern the path ahead. Of course, this is the path laid out for us by the human builders of the New World Order. The Bible gives us insight into the spiritual architects of our current and future realms. Here’s a big hint: God Almighty wins. Now, isn’t that comforting?
More on the communique next week. Until then, have a great weekend.
Comments are closed.